For all of you who donate blood, what is your reasoning? What brings you to that chair every so often? Why do you Raise Your Sleeve?
Does it just feel like the right thing to do? Have you personally been affected by blood? Do you simply enjoy the free snacks at the end?
Indiana Blood Center has come up with their top 10 reasons why everyone eligible should donate blood.
Top 10 Reasons to Donate Blood:
- Donating blood saves lives.
- It is a good way to give back to your community.
- The act of giving is selfless.
- You receive a free mini-physical.
- Every two seconds someone needs blood.
- The blood supply needs constant replenishment.
- One pint can help up to three people.
- Most people are eligible to donate blood.
- There is no substitute for human blood.
- You will have someone’s undying gratitude.
Which is your reason? Why do you give blood? For whatever reason it may be, keep doing the right thing and Raise Your Sleeve.
Never donated? Why are you waiting? Go to DonorPoint.org and make an appointment to donate blood today.