Indiana Blood Center is proud to supply some of Indiana’s top hospitals. The ‘top 100 hospitals’ list recently released named six Indiana hospitals in the top 100 hospitals, three of those being hospitals we supply.
Those three hospitals were recognized in various categories:
- St. Vincent Indianapolis Hospital – Indianapolis – Teaching Hospitals
- Columbus Regional Hospital – Columbus – Teaching Hospitals
- Memorial Hospital & Health System – South Bend – Medium Community Hospitals
Indiana Blood Center and its donors proudly supply more than 60 hospitals in Indiana, from Terre Haute to Connersville and South Bend to Seymour, and we value the relationship we have with each and every hospital we supply. We’re particularly proud of the work these hospitals do within their communities.
The three recognized hospitals displayed exemplary results, despite volatility from healthcare reform, and their leadership teams have remained focused on mission and excellence. Of the three hospitals recently recognized, the below criteria was used to evaluate their organizational performance:
- Medical complications
- Patient safety
- Average patient stay
- Patient satisfaction
- Adherence to clinical standards of care
- Post-discharge mortality
- Readmission rates for acute myocardial infarction (heart attack), heart failure, and pneumonia