Indiana Blood Center has come up with the top 10 facts about blood everyone should know, whether you’re a donor or not.
Top 10 Facts About Blood:
- Every two seconds, someone needs blood.
- The blood supply needs constant replenishment.
- Giving blood has health benefits.
- Most people are eligible to donate blood.
- Indiana Blood Center supplies to more than 60 hospitals in Indiana.
- A unit of blood is roughly equivalent to a pint.
- Nearly all blood used for transfusion in the United States is drawn from volunteer donors.
- Type O blood is the “universal” donor.
- Type AB is the “universal” recipient.
- Indiana Blood Center coordinates the marrow donor registry in Indiana.